Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh, Comcast

In case you're not from Philadelphia (or you've been living under a rock), the city has pretty much been taken over by communications giant Comcast. They have a huge new building in the financial district which, to me, looks unfinished. But what do I know about architecture? And it's hard in these parts to get any other provider for your TV, Internet and phone.

Point is... Comcast is GREAT, and my cable would probably go black if I didn't say that. But what I love MOST about Comcast is the news headlines on their homepage, comcast.net. Do they get paid per people who read these stories? Because the headlines are nothing short of sensational. Here's a sampling from today's selections:
  • Baby whale thinks yacht is its mother (no explanation needed)
  • Brooke Hogan sings her pain (who doesn't?)
  • Bird droppings in skin products? (better yet, why not just stand outside at the beach?)
  • Obama hugs, then tears into McCain (sounds kinky)
  • China confiscates bibles from Americans (I thought the "bible-toting" American was just a stereotype)
  • Phelps' win extra special at Peete's Grille (WTF is Peete's Grille? And can I have fries with that gold medal?)

I have to admit, they pull me in sometimes. But it's just cheap. This is not real news! Thank god for NPR.

No comments: