Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Inner Dialogue

Today I got to walk home from work alone, which is a treat since I usually walk with Will. When I'm traversing the streets all by my lonesome, I feel a lot like Zach Braff in one of my FAVORITE shows, Scrubs. That's because I have tons of (random) thoughts flying through my head and it would be pretty funny if there were a voice-over dictating them out loud, like there is for Zach's character, J.D. 

Alas... there is no narrator for my life (just me), so I wanted to include in this blog the meandering stream of conscious that I experienced on my walk home from work today. And go!


Is it still raining out? I hope not. I'm going to put my umbrella up anyway. What if it's not raining, though, and I'm one of those freaks I hate who hold their umbrellas up even when it's not raining? Oh. It is raining. I hate when it rains. I hate having to hold my umbrella. My hand gets cold and my arm gets tired. Why is the lady in front of me walking so slow? DAMN that girl's boots are like 5 inches high. I'd probably laugh if she broke her ankle right here on the street. That's mean. Whatever, she deserves it for wearing those impractical boots. I wonder if I'll ever be rich enough to eat at that restaurant. Uh-oh, that dude in the SUV is getting pulled over by a cop. SUVs are impractical, just like that girl's boots. He probably deserves a ticket. SERIOUSLY this lady is walking slower than death. What is her deal? Is that man homeless? I hope he doesn't ask me for money. I never give homeless people money. Does that make me a bad person? Are my feet getting wet? I'm wearing galoshes, that really shouldn't happen. Maybe they're just cold. I wonder how late Will is going to get home tonight. At least it gives me a chance to play online games in peace. I have to pay the electric bill. And the gas bill. And do dishes. That's a lot of crap. I need a vacation. DAMMIT LADY HURRY UP!


And there you have it, a brief glimpse into my head. I think it explains a lot. 

1 comment:

drjeff said...

you are funny, maybe you need to walk home drunk and those compulsive thoughts will be dulled.
proogier-