Monday, October 13, 2008

Celebrating European Colonialism

It's Columbus Day, and I've worked it so that I am totally free - no selling admission to hungry tourists or organizing mismatched shoes at the Gap - just me, the TV, and hopefully a run and some shoe shopping. Oh and if I work up the enthusiasm, I may also clean the apartment, which has gotten filthy. When you have a job that's exhausting, and I assume most people do, it's easy to come home, plop yourself down on the couch, and spend the night watching House reruns followed by the Daily Show and Colbert Report. Then clothes and dirt and mail and dishes pile up around you and one day you just scream, "I CAN'T LIVE IN THIS FILTH!" and clean it all up. Perhaps today will be that day. 

But tonight is a must-watch TV night, as the Phils are battling the Dodgers in the 4th game of the NLCS postseason, which they lead 2 games to 1. But it's in LA, and they got killed last night in LA (and throughout the regular season) so it's really imperative that they get their act together and win this. 2 games to 1 is dangerous. 3 games to 1 is pretty much a guarantee.
 Baseball has always been a sport that I understood, but i've recently become a really big Phillies fan. I can name the majority of players on the team (pitchers may or may not be included in that) and have seen enough games and know enough about the players to be able to hold my own in a discussion with boys. For instance, I know we can't count on Ryan Howard in this postseason, and we've really got to look to Victorino, Burrell, and Utley for the big hits. Or, we could just put Brett Myers in as a designated hitter. 

See... didn't you just forget you were reading a girl's blog? Probably not. But I'm proud of myself and fan enough to make a shout-out and say GO PHILS tonight! BEAT LA!!!!


1 comment:

drjeff said...

love to read about the Washington trip