Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Washington, Washington

Last weekend Will and I took a much-needed vacation to DC. Although I resent DC because I feel that Philadelphia was the nation's FIRST capital and doesn't receive as much credit, I still enjoyed myself. It's a fun city, with lots to see and do and, of course, a lot to learn about the U.S. of A. We covered all the touristy stuff, like: 


The capitol Building - Which I kept confusing with the White House. 










The White House, where we saw security guys training an attack dog. 














The National Archives, where tourists elbow their way in to see old paper.











The Lincoln Memorial, which, despite what this picture may lead you to believe, was swamped. 
















And Arlington National Cemetery, where I wasn't allowed to take inappropriate pictures. 





But Will's favorite part was the Air and Space Museum. Now up until a few days before our trip, I thought it was actually called the Aaron Space Museum. Yes. I thought it was named after a
 guy named Aaron. But it is really a museum about AIR AND SPACE. I have to admit it was pretty cool, although unlike Will, I didn't get a massive boner when we went inside. My favorite part was seeing the recreation of Skylab, because it reminded me of Wet Hot American Summer. 















I think MY favorite part of the trip was the Newseum. It's all about the history of Journalism, and it has some great exhibits on 9/11, Pulitzer Prize-winning photos, and presidential election commercials, to name a few. I think it was worth the $20 we paid to get in, but perhaps for that amount of money they could leave the cafeteria open at all hours. 

There you go. Our trip to DC in a nutshell. 

No comments: