Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oh Goody! A typo in the WSJ!

Going from the NYTimes to the WSJ is like going from day to night. The two are completely different - and I like to get the contrast when I'm reading the news. And while I'm reading the news in either publication, I LOVE finding typos (but you already knew that). So here's a little gem I found in an article today:

But this downtown has brought heavy layoffs to the financial and auto industries, two places where generous exit packages remain more common.

New York City has brought heavy layoffs? Or maybe the author was talking about DC. Or MAYBE... the author meant DOWNTURN?

The article, should you choose to read it after this typo, was also indicative of one of the main differences between the WSJ and the NYTimes. This article is about people who are burning through severance pay and can't manage their finances, including a CEO who tossed away around $300 and still hasn't gotten a new job, though he has had a few offers, which he turned down. They expect me to feel sorry for this guy? No way.

No comments: