Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Last night, I had a dream

Actually it was two nights ago. I was sitting in a little courtyard with wooden benches, and a few girls I was friends with in college were sitting with me. It was summer, and we were enjoying being outside. Some of us were reading, some just basking. But we were also at the bottom of a ski slope, which of course was green with no snow. 

There was a ski lift as well, but it was really old and not working. We noticed a guy sitting on the lift, and he was pushing it all by himself so he could get to the bottom of the mountain. He was African American and he scared me. When he got to the bottom of the mountain, he ran over to us and I could tell he was homeless and probably drunk or high. He came up to me specifically, and started screaming at me and trying to kidnap me.

Then he pulled out a gun and started shooting. We all scattered, and I hid under the wooden bench. He kept shooting. Finally I heard the police coming and they struggled with him but finally got him in their car and drove off. I watched them and as they were driving over a tunnel, my vision zoomed in on the police car and I noticed that there was a hole in the floor of the car, and that the man was smiling knowing he could escape.

Then I woke up, and I was pretty freaked out. 

So of course I went to a dream analysis site and looked up what it all meant... supposedly. But let me paraphrase. Basically I feel threatened or victimized by something, represented by the homeless man, and it might have something to do with my relationship with other girls... jealousy perhaps? And I may feel like I have this threat under control, but the truth is I don't. 

So what of the ski slope? Well the site says that represents that I'm pushing my physical abilities, and that I'm my own "fiercest competitor". This makes sense given that I've been trying really hard in the past weeks to get in shape, and I'm doing a pretty good job of running/working out and then I feel proud of myself. But the fiercest competitor part may also signify that what is threatening me is all in my own head. 

Well gosh darnet... I guess I just have jealousy issues that I need to overcome by realizing that it's my own insecurities that cause it... plus I need to stop blaming it on other girls and thinking I've successfully kept it at bay. Easy enough, eh? Thanks, dream, for that insight. 


No comments: