Sunday, March 29, 2009

Merits of my roommate... I mean... boyfriend

Today started out as a sorry excuse for a Sunday - rainy, muggy, and generally bleak. But as I was standing in the Gap checkout line, eagerly waiting to purchase two new bikinis for my upcoming vacation to Key West, I heard the girl at the cash register say, "Is that the sun I see?" And sure enough, I turned around to discover a bright yellow beacon shining through the dissipating cloud cover. And for the rest of the day, it's been gorgeous and warm. I also made several more purchases at H&M and Old Navy which satisfied my need to have cute summery dresses for the trip. And did I mention it was warm?

But I've had no one to share the beautiful day with, which is a little disappointing. Will is at work doing some last minute stuff before his busy season is over, and who knows when he'll be home. I had to go grocery shopping by myself, and I have to admit that maneuvering through the grocery store is tough and carrying heavy bags home is even harder when you're on your own. And don't get me started on how hard it is to get out your keys and open the heavy front door while holding three large bags. I know sometimes I need my alone time, but the simple act of food shopping makes me grateful that I don't have to settle for just one set of hands... and it helps that the other two hands helping me are the hands of someone I love. :)

2 comments:

drjeff said...

awwwwwwwww
how about when you are ill or sad

Liz S said...

Baaaaaaaaarf.